Monday 17 August 2009

This bitch is going through changes on the ass

The only performances I shall be watching are going to be Lady Gaga's and Sasha's- when those are done I will then turn off my tv, plug in my voi-brayter and get busy.

I don't want to see Britney lip synch an acceptance speech for an award she does not deserve.
I don't want to see Rihanna strike a pose in the audience as soon as she realizes that the camera has panned onto her.
I don't want to see Solange pretend as though she was actually invited to the show as she sits next to Jay Z whilst Beyonce' collects her award wondering if BeJayJay will forget to make her their Plus 1 the second Jay Z's new bitch steps on the scene.

In my eyes, Solange is a fake.
I used to love her, I even bought her record and loved it because it is a very good record filled with Neo Soul/Electro tracks but you wouldn't know that from Solange's countless interviews where she kept trying to remind us of how different she and The Wigged One were.
I bought into it.
I believed it.
I popped it, twerked it and reversed it.

But then I saw something which shocked my spirit, Solange in a L'oreal campaign, Solange modelling bags alongside The Wigged One.


Now- as much as I detest Big Bird (Keri Hilson) her record had higher first week sales than Solange, but you didn't see Keri on Tyra did you? That's because she's not Beyonce's sister. Whilst Solange might pretend as though she has a record deal because of her own merit- she must be pretty stupid not to realise that the only reason anybody paid attention was because of who her sister was.
Would L'oreal even acknowledge Solange's existance if she wasn't Sasha's kid sister- of course not. Solange is so wrapped up in her own self-belief that she doesn't realise how hyprocritical she looks by saying "We're nothing alike, and we have different goals" but then take advantage of Sasha's commercial appeal, if you're "nothing alike" and "have different goals" then don't star in ad campaigns with her then.
It seems to me that when it suits Solange she is a Knowles and then when it works to her disadvantage she wants to play the "stop comparing me to her" card.

If anybody else had Solange's sales- they'd be scraping the shit out of public toilet by now, even her latest singles charted poorly yet this bitch is still on mainstream television getting interviewed by the best of them. We all know why and I think Solange should just accept it because she is talented and part of the reason her record sold the way it did because her album content was never truly promoted, instead she spent all her promotion discussing how "individual" she was.

SolAngel and The Hadley Street Dreams is indeed a fantastic record- but it's pretty unconvincing coming from a woman who is unsure whether she wants to be a major pop star or a unique entity with a record deal.


I also spoke of Jay Z's new bitch, a source of a source has filled me in on the fact that Jay Z has signed a EuroPop bitch who has already finished recording her record, not that Rihanna has got anything to worried about but let's just hope this new bitch doesn't end up the same way Tearra Marie and Meagan Rochelle did. I think it's great Jay Z is signing new artists that we all know will have success, Rihanna and Neyo are still around and ruling the Pop Star circle and so I really hope this new girl does also.

No comments:

Post a Comment